Friday, 27 January 2012

Online journal, entry 08

Per Viggo Bergsvik - Final Year Project
Online journal, entry 08

It's a while since I posted something here now, So I have a lot to catch up on.

I have been modelling my robot, and I have had an unexpected issue. Modelling for realism takes so much time! Especially when modelling complicated mechanical objects, that needs to be unwrapped and subdivided. I have used 3 weeks more of time on modelling and unwrapping than I accounted for, and I fear that the texturing part will actually take longer. I am supposed to be intrigating my finished cg character into the footage by now. Luckily I have accounted almost 6 weeks on the animation part. If I can somehow press it down to half the time, maybe things will work out. But the way I see it, I might not have time to complete this project in the matter of how I wanted, esspecially with all other modules.

On a note, in my other module, Contemporary studies in games, I have decided to do a research on Modelling, texturing and lighting techniques used for creatind realism, and I will fuse it with my Practical project on thise areas. Because of that, I will not go in to deep detail on how I have done my modelling, texturing and lighting in my practical project report.

Here are some images in my process.






Per Viggo Bergsvik

No comments:

Post a Comment